(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
In addition to our multiple deep hole drilling capabilities, at Midwest Precision Manufacturing, we offer precision honing services. Honing will provide surface finishes down to 8 RMS. The Honing department has a chucking capacity of 25" and can process parts with hole diameters between 0.125" and 22.5", with depths up to 23 feet and weights up to 10 tons. Parts can be honed from most any material including most alloy metals, stainless, plastics, graphite, and wood, including exotic alloys such as Inconel and Hastelloy.
As a full service provider, we can utilize our extensive network of vendors to provide customers with a completed part or assembly. Customers range in type from the mining and oil drilling industries to food processors, plastic injection molders, and medical device manufactures. We proudly provide honing services to customers nationwide.
Why Choose Midwest Precision Manufacturing for Precision Honing Services?
Our business has been created around one mission: to provide customers with world-class honing combined with exceptional customer service. Our commitment to this goal is what allows us to build strong long-term relationships in the honing industry. To stay competitive and provide innovative honing services, Midwest Precision Manufacturing continuously invests in advanced honing technology and honing equipment. From start to finish, we do what it takes to ensure you are completely satisfied. Whether your business is small or large, we have the capability to produce parts in any volume–and most of our services can be completed with quick turnaround. For more information about our honing services, see the table below, or contact us directly.
Examples of Our Work
- Precision Boring of a Hydraulic Spider Riser for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Gun Drilling of Track Links for the Heavy Equipment Industry
- Gun Drilling of a Cooling Roll for the Paper Industry
- Gun Drilling of an Aluminum Vacuum Drum for a Paper Mill Heater
- Gun Drilling of Plastic Injection Blocks for the Plastics Industry
- Precision Honing of a Stainless Steel Cylinder for the Hydraulic Industry
- Gun Drilling of Multiple Diameter Holes of H-13 Steel for the Tool & Die Industry
- Deep Hole Boring of a Steel Fracking Block for the Oil & Gas Industry
Precision Honing Capabilities:
- Surface Finish
- 8 RMS
- Chuck Capacity
- Inner Diameter
- 0.125" to 22.5"
- Part Length
- Maximum Part Weight
- 10 tons/2200 Kg
- Additional Services
- Gun Drilling
Secondary Services Available as Needed
- Gun Drilling
- Production Volume
- High Volume
- Lead Times Available
- Quoted on job by job basis
- Expedited Services Available
- Industry Focus
Natural Gas Drilling
Plastic Injection Molding
Pulp & Paper
Tool & Die
- File Formats